DITEK is currently seeking an Electrical Design Engineer with a great deal of experience to take us to the next level. This person is responsible for the research and design of new products and the improvement of existing products to meet customer's needs and improve the company's competitive edge in the industry. This is an on-site position.
- Research, develop and design new and innovative products to meet customer's needs and emerging market trends.
- Modify existing designs to improve product features, quality or manufacturability.
- Design components using computer-based tools or by hand and create specification documents for each product.
- Analyze designs using internal tools and ensures each design meets the required specifications.
- Conduct research, collect and analyze product data on market demand of specific functions or competitor products and features.
- Research and evaluate components used in designs for cost efficiency and reliability.
- Develop and conduct product performance experiments.
- Analyze test results and recommend appropriate design changes.
- Investigate alternative manufacturing processes during the design cycle and implement as needed, to improve manufacturing efficiencies.
- Work with Manufacturing and Quality Control teams to help ensure that finished products meet the original design specifications.
- Support Manufacturing with process improvements and assist in the training of new product and assembly procedures.
- Create prototypes and assist in the development of test sets and fixtures for manufacturing.
- Coordinate with other Engineering staff to complete projects.
- Support Marketing and Sales with technical information to be used for training and marketing.
- Help resolve highly technical issues with customers, when needed.
- Develop and maintain an in-house design history database program for all new and current products.
- Develop and maintain design processes and procedures to hold the organization compliant in all workmanship, quality and industry performance standards.
- Stay current on the latest technologies and market demands.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or other related technical field.
- Minimum of 6 years working experience in product design; experience with electrical products, is a must.
- Design capabilities including PCB, BOM, test plan, test fixturing, test program/software, DFM/ cost reduction, is required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Hands-on experience in the design and development of electronic products.
- Proficient with design software (e.g. Altium, CAD, SolidWorks).
- Knowledge and experience of regulatory compliance with UL, TUV, CE, CSA, NFPA, NEC and other regulatory standards.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Knowledge in quality management systems such as ISO 9001:2015.
- Ability to read detailed engineering drawings and specifications.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, changing environment where a high degree of flexibility is required.
- Reliable, flexible, detail-oriented and focused, self-sufficient in carrying out job responsibilities.
- Ability to manage multiple programs and projects effectively and efficiently.
- Exceptional organization and communication skills.
- Ability to reason thru product development and support of new technologies.
- Ability to think outside the box to assist in the development of efficient products.
- Ability to perform all functions of the job classification without posing a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
DITEK offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package to include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long-term disability, 401k with company contribution, tuition reimbursement and paid time off.
DITEK is a drug-free workplace and participates in E-Verify. DITEK provides equal employment opportunities (EE0) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.