Chano Real Estate Partners, LLC View profile
The Maintenance Technician will work closely with the Engineers, administrative staff, and Property Managers to ensure that all daily operational, maintenance and janitorial tasks are taken care of to maintain the value and appearance of the property and equipment.
1. Maintains regular contact and builds solid working relationships with the Engineers, Administrative Staff, Property Managers and Tenants to ensure the highest level of customer service.
2. Performs preventative maintenance of mechanical operating systems and corrective building interior and exterior maintenance as required by visual inspections and work orders. Notifies Engineers and Property Managers of all work performed. Any maintenance needs regarding life safety or liability must be performed immediately or as reasonably possible.
3. Completes service requests and maintenance repair items in a timely manner and ensures that all requests are handled in a professional manner. Works with online work order system through a smart phone device.
4. Communicates with all members of the property management team regarding tenant matters that pertain to maintenance, service requests or the property.
5. Purchases equipment and supplies for the property within the guidelines of the budget and with the approval of the Engineers and Property Managers.
6. Assists the Engineers or Property Managers in designing specs for a particular job and is able to discuss the bids and make recommendations.
7. Monitors and inspects construction jobs performed on the property including tenant improvements. Construction jobs are to be inspected daily and notes taken regarding progress and problems.
8. Complete knowledge and understanding of the fire protection system including pump houses, risers and monitoring system. Performs inspections required by code and/or insurance company.
9. Monitors and inspects HVAC, mechanical, plumbing and electrical systems and assists with system testing.
10. Develops and maintains logs (with the assistance of the Administrative Staff) on the maintenance history of each building and units as needed.
11. Develops and maintains a site plan depicting riser locations, water main valves, and irrigation control locations.
12. Communicates all issues/concerns relating to the properties with the Chief Engineer and Property Managers.
13. Assists in snow and ice clearing operations if contracted service has an issue.
14. Provides back up for the Engineers, if needed, and is available for after-hours emergency coverage.
15. Ensures compliance with Energy Star, Sustainability Program, Preferred Provider Program, Quality Assurance Program, Disaster Program, and Customer Service/Tenant Retention Program.
16. Adheres to the policies set forth in the Policy and Procedure manual.
17. Assists with special projects and other duties as assigned by the Engineers and Property Managers.
All employees are accountable for compliance with all laws and regulations when performing their job duties. Each employee is expected to be familiar with the legal and regulatory requirements affecting his or her job responsibilities. It is the affirmative duty of each employee to carry out these responsibilities at all times in a manner that complies with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
Employees must participate in required training on pertinent compliance laws and regulations as required by the company.