Chano Real Estate Partners, LLC View profile
The following job profile is designed to summarize certain essential information about a job or job category. It is not designed to be a comprehensive or detailed task list for any particular job or job category. This job/job category may have individual or multiple incumbents, each of whom may perform somewhat different specific job duties or tasks consistent with the general function of the Job. Incumbents may be required to perform duties or support functions other than those listed on this job profile as needed. A job profile may be amended at any time with or without notice.
Responsible for processing vendor invoices in the appropriate accounting systems and the issuance of the checks. Uses office automated systems to input data, generate reports, conduct specialized research projects and respond to inquiries.
1. Follow department policies and procedures relating to compliance and internal controls.
2. Process invoices and requests for payments from assigned properties and CHANO in a timely fashion.
3. Verify that all balances forward have been paid and if not, research these amounts.
4. Provide Staff Accountants with the amount of their property’s check runs. Prepare check runs as well as check register report. Mail checks to vendors and file check copies.
5. Reconcile all vendor statements to vendor histories to ensure there are no outstanding invoices not reflected in accounts payable. Assist with monthly financials as needed.
6. Maintain system for tracking all of vendor payment due dates, particularly those offering prompt payment discounts, to ensure all are consistently met.
7. Prints and mails vendor checks. Provide administrative functions as determined.
8. Complete month-end process including financial statements and cash flow statements.
9. Organize and maintain vendor and accounts payable documents in a neat and orderly manner.
10. Obtain vendor 1099 information and issue 1099s in a timely fashion, verifying accuracy of amounts reported.
11. Reconcile all checking accounts to include property and corporate.
12. Assist with the collection of vendor and tenant insurance certificates.
13. Assist with tracking of all construction fees.
14. Set up and document accounting procedures
15. Sort the daily incoming mail.
16. Log/scan incoming check receipts and deposit the checks, as necessary.
17. Additional duties as assigned by the AP Supervisor or Accounting Manager.
All employees are accountable for compliance with all laws and regulations when performing their job duties. Each employee is expected to be familiar with the legal and regulatory requirements affecting his or her job responsibilities. It is the affirmative duty of each employee to carry out these responsibilities at all times in a manner that complies with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements. Employees must participate in required training on pertinent compliance laws and regulations as required by the company.
1. Independent, self-starter, team player, attention to detail.
2. Provides high degree of professional customer service to both internal and external parties.
3. Excellent communications and organization, follow-through and follow-up, meet commitments and deadlines
1. Excellent computer skills with a high degree of proficiency in Excel, Word and other accounting software.
2. Working experience with Quickbooks, Yardi or Appfolio is preferred.
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
1. Minimum 3 years accounts payable or accounts receivable experience is required.
2. High School diploma is required.
3. Previous property management experience is an asset.